Monday, November 23, 2009

AskCat.com/Philadelphia


Among my favorite moments in AskCat.com history is the time I served as pocket concierge to a friend who was in Philadelphia on business. He had never been to the City of Brotherly love and brother, it's a town I love...I was happy to oblige.

So he'd txt me from his 'berry...and I'd txt him back. Where to get a good cheesesteak, how to order it like a local, what beers to try, where to have dinner, where to get his kids a souvenir of the trip and so on, and so on. He felt like a local, I felt like I had a vicarious visit to one of America's finest cities...he sent me a pic of his 'steak. Right on.

Cheesesteaks (Center City): Carmen's or DiNics: Reading Terminal Market, 12th & Arch. Order it "wiz-wit"= with cheez whiz and fried onions (make the trek to Pat's King of Steaks on 9th Avenue if you're really serious about Cheesesteaks)
Beer: Yuengling Lager; Blue Point Toasted Lager (admittedly a NY brew)
Dinner: Alma de Cuba: 1623 Walnut Street (one of innumerable GREAT restaurants in Phillly)
Kids' Stuff: Born Yesterday: 1901 Walnut Street/Rittenhouse Square

No comments:

Post a Comment